- Any charity or not-for-profit group must be a registered group, and willing to provide tax receipts to all members who donate.
- All charitable groups that have been established for at least one year, and serve the Fredericton and surrounding areas will be considered.
- No national or international charities will be considered, as the aim is to keep our donations local. (Unless the charity has a local project to be considered)
- Charities must be nominated by registered members of 100 Women. We invite organizations to like and follow us on Facebook. Here, charities/non-profits can educate 100 Women Who Care Fredericton members, and those following us, about their projects. Members may be looking for a charitable cause to nominate, and we love to hear about the work local charities are doing!
- An organization that is selected for the group donation may be considered again after a 3-year period. The exception is a specific program within a large organization (for example a specific department or program within a hospital), which may be considered again for a different program or department at any time.
- If an organization is selected to do a presentation at a meeting, but is not awarded the donation that night, their ballot(s) will remain in the running for the next meetings.
- Any organization chosen to present at a meeting will be contacted the week prior in order to prepare. We ask that you send 2-3 representatives of the organization, with one person as the main speaker. The following aspects are suggested for your presentation: who are you, what organization do you represent, what made you join this organization, if awarded this donation what impact do you plan on making in our community?
- In addition to making a presentation, we invite representatives from each of the nominated charities to have an informative booth at the meeting; this will allow our members to learn more about their work in the community, meet the representatives of all organizations, and have the opportunity to make additional donations or volunteer with the cause if they feel inspired.